Notice Of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW DENTAL/ MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
TeleDentistry.com’s Commitment To Your Privacy
Teledentistry.com, is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your protected health information (‘PHI’). PHI is information about you that may be used to identify you (such as your name, social security number or address), and that relates to (a) your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, (b) the provision of health care to you, or (c) your past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care. In conducting its business, Teledentistry.com will receive and create records containing your PHI. Teledentistry.com is required by law to maintain the privacy of your PHI and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your PHI.
Teledentistry.com must abide by the terms of this Notice while it is in effect. This current Notice takes effect on June 1st 2017, and will remain in effect until Teledentistry.com replaces it. Teledentistry.com reserves the right to change the terms of this Notice at any time, as long as the changes are in compliance with applicable law. If Teledentistry.com changes the terms of this Notice, the new terms will apply to all PHI that it maintains, including PHI that was created or received before such changes were made. If Teledentistry.com and affiliates changes this Notice, it will post the new Notice on its Web site and will make the new Notice available upon request.
Uses And Disclosures Of PHI
Teledentistry.com may use and disclose your PHI in the following ways:
- Treatment, Payment and Health Care Operations. Teledentistry.com and affiliates is permitted to use and disclose your PHI for purposes of (a) treatment, (b) payment and (c) health care operations. For example:
- Treatment. Teledentistry.com and affiliates may disclose your PHI to another dentist or healthcare provider for purposes of a consult or in connection with the provision of follow-up treatment.
- Payment. Teledentistry.com and affiliates may use and disclose your PHI to your health insurer or health plan in connection with the processing and payment of claims and other charges.
- Dental Care Operations. Teledentistry.com may use and disclose your PHI in connection with its health care operations, such as providing customer services and conducting quality review assessments. Teledentistry.com may engage third parties to provide various services for Teledentistry.com. If any such third party must have access to your PHI in order to perform its services, Teledentistry.com will require that third party to enter an agreement that binds the third party to the use and disclosure restrictions outlined in this Notice.
- Following up on routine care. Users of Teledentistry.com’s services and redeemers of promotional items agree to having Teledentistry.com follow up with their dental office in order to ensure that appointments are being kept.
- Authorization. Teledentistry.com is permitted to use and disclose your PHI upon your written authorization, to the extent such use or disclosure is consistent with your authorization. You may revoke any such authorization at any time and with express notice through writing to Teledentistry.com.
- Teledentistry.com may use and disclose your PHI to the extent required by law.
The following categories describe unique circumstances in which Teledentistry.com may use or disclose your PHI:
- Public Health Activities. Teledentistry.com may disclose your PHI to public health authorities or other governmental authorities for purposes including preventing and controlling disease, reporting child abuse or neglect, reporting domestic violence and reporting to the Food and Drug Administration regarding the quality, safety and effectiveness of a regulated product or activity. Teledentistry.com may, in certain circumstances disclose PHI to persons who have been exposed to a communicable disease or may otherwise be at risk of contracting or spreading a disease or condition.
- Workers’ Compensation Teledentistry.com may disclose your PHI as authorized by, and to the extent necessary to comply with, workers’ compensation programs and other similar programs relating to work-related illnesses or injuries.
- Health Oversight Activities. Teledentistry.com may disclose your PHI to a health oversight agency for authorized activities such as audits, investigations, inspections, licensing and disciplinary actions relating to the health care system or government benefit programs.
- Judicial and Administrative Proceedings. Teledentistry.com may disclose your PHI, in certain circumstances, as permitted by applicable law, in response to an order from a court or administrative agency, or in response to a subpoena or discovery request.
- Law Enforcement. Teledentistry.com may, under certain circumstances, disclose your PHI to a law enforcement official, such as for purposes of identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person.
- Decedents. Teledentistry.com may, under certain circumstances, disclose PHI to coroners, medical examiners and funeral directors for purposes such as identification, determining the cause of death and fulfilling duties relating to decedents.
- Organ Procurement. Teledentistry.com may, under certain circumstances, use or disclose PHI for the purposes of organ donation and transplantation.
- Research. Teledentistry.com may, under certain circumstances, use or disclose PHI that is necessary for research purposes.
- Threat to Health or Safety. Teledentistry.com and affiliates may, under certain circumstances, use or disclose PHI if necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of a person or the public.
- Specialized Government Functions. Teledentistry.com and affiliates, may in certain situations, use and disclose PHI of persons who are, or were, in the Armed Forces for purposes such as ensuring proper execution of a military mission or determining entitlement to benefits. Teledentistry.com and affiliates may also disclose PHI to federal officials for intelligence and national security purposes.
Your Rights Regarding Your PHI
You have the following rights regarding the PHI maintained by Teledentistry.com:
- Confidential Communication. You have the right to receive confidential communications of your PHI. You may request that Teledentistry.com communicate with you through alternate means or at an alternate location, and Teledentistry.com will accommodate your reasonable requests. You must submit your request in writing to Teledentistry.com.
- Restrictions. You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of PHI for treatment, payment or health care operations. You also have the right to request that Teledentistry.com restrict its disclosures of PHI to only certain individuals involved in your care or the payment of your care. You must submit your request in writing to Teledentistry.com. Teledentistry.com is not required to comply with your request. However, if Teledentistry.com agrees to comply with your request, it will be bound by such agreement, except when otherwise required by law or in the event of an emergency.
- Inspection and Copies. You have the right to inspect and copy your PHI. You must submit your request in writing to Teledentistry.com. Teledentistry.com may impose a fee for the costs of copying, mailing, labor and supplies associated with your request. Teledentistry.com may deny your request to inspect and/or copy your PHI in certain limited circumstances. If that occurs, Teledentistry.com will inform you of the reason for the denial, and you may request a review of the denial. Please allow 30 days for processing of your written request before receipt of an answer.
- Amendment. You have a right to request that Teledentistry.com amend your PHI if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete, and you may request an amendment for as long as the information is maintained by Teledentistry.com. You must submit your request in writing to Teledentistry.com and provide a reason to support the requested amendment. Teledentistry.com may, under certain circumstances, deny your request by sending you a written notice of denial. If Teledentistry.com denies your request, you will be permitted to submit a statement of disagreement for inclusion in your records. Please allow 30 days for processing of your written request before confirmation of such amendments.
- Accounting of Disclosures. You have a right to receive an accounting of all disclosures Teledentistry.com has made of your PHI. However, that right does not include disclosures made for treatment, payment or health care operations, disclosures made to you about your treatment, disclosures made pursuant to an authorization, and certain other disclosures. You must submit your request in writing to Teledentistry.com and you must specify the time period involved (which must be for a period of time less than six years from the date of the disclosure). Your first accounting will be free of charge. However, Teledentistry.com may charge you for the costs involved in fulfilling any additional request made within a period of 12 months. Teledentistry.com will inform you of such costs in advance, so that you may withdraw or modify your request to save costs.
- Breach Notification. You have the right to be notified in the event that Teledentistry.com discovers a breach of unsecured PHI.
- Paper Copy. You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this Notice from Teledentistry.com at any time upon request. To obtain a paper copy of this notice, please contact Teledentistry.com by calling 888-588-3394..
- Complaint. You may complain to Teledentistry.com and to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe that your privacy rights have been violated. To file a complaint with Teledentistry.com you must submit a statement in writing to Teledentistry.com: Attn: Security Officer, 6127 S Rainbow Blvd #100, Las Vegas, NV 89118. Teledentistry.com will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
- Further Information. If you would like more information about your privacy rights, please contact Teledentistry.com by calling 888-588-3394 and ask to speak to the Privacy and Security Officer. To the extent you are required to send a written request to Teledentistry.com to exercise any right described in this Notice, you must submit your request to Teledentistry.com: Attn: Security Officer, 6127 S Rainbow Blvd #100, Las Vegas, NV 89118.
Teledentistry.com respects the privacy of its members and of its web site users. We are happy to share our policy regarding privacy information that is collected and how that data is used.
Teledentistry.com has developed several systems and manages the data for this site. Teledentistry.com also licenses specific third party softwares that are HIPAA compliant for handling a variety of different services for our patients. All data is stored in encrypted format that exceeds standards defined by HIPAA. All data transfer is executed using similar standards that meet or exceed HIPAA, and no data is transferred to users that do not have specific data access keys.
The importance of security for all personal information associated with you is of utmost concern to us. At Teledentistry.com, we exercise state of the art care in providing secure transmission of your information from your internet enabled device to our servers. Personal information collected by our web site is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access, each having signed confidentiality agreements. Any employee who violates our privacy or security policies is subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
Any information that you submit to us through our website – whether a survey, registration form or e-mail will be used exclusively by the consulting dentists and only for the specific reason for which you submitted it.
We take every reasonable precaution to protect your personal information including encryption and passwords when appropriate. Teledentistry.com are the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share or lease this information to others. Teledentistry.com does not sell any customer lists or e-mail addresses cookies or other data.
Teledentistry.com welcomes your questions and comments about privacy and this policy. Please contact us if you have any questions about our policies or our site.
Terms & Conditions for Dental Consults
Patients who wish to access Teledentistry.com must be fully qualified as existing patients of Teledentistry.com either through a relationship between Teledentistry.com and the insurance carrier’s products the patient has purchased or through a relationship with Teledentistry.com and the employer who has opted into receiving Teledentistry.com services. The services may be accessed as soon as Teledentistry.com has received completed forms and paperwork from the patient including but not limited to the transferring of protected health information, complete medical and dental history and the formal document which creates the patient doctor relationship between the policyholder and Teledentistry.com.
- By requesting a dental consultation, you are entering into a doctor/patient relationship with the dentists of Teledentistry.com and its affiliate Teledentist PC Inc. which shall be a provider of dental services to you, and you agree to pay for dental consultations at the time a dental consultation is requested, unless payment arrangements have been established through your employer, association, or other entity.
- Teledentist PC Inc. is the provider of certain administrative services to Teledentistry dentists and does not provide professional dental services.
- You agree to complete a dental and medical history disclosure form that Teledentistry dentists will store electronically and make available to each Teledentistry.com dentist who performs a telephonic or video based consultation for you.
- You acknowledge that, if you have a primary dentist, that relationship is not replaced by Teledentistry.com dentists. Furthermore, you agree that, by requesting a dental consultation from Teledentistry.com dentists, you are not designating Teledentistry.com dentists and its dentists as your dentist because you will be referred to a local dentist who will become your primary dentist.
- You acknowledge that Teledentistry.com dentists will not prescribe any Drug Enforcement Agency controlled substances nor do they guarantee that a prescription will be written.
- Additionally, there is no guarantee that you will be given advice as a patient by Teledentistry.com dentists.
- If you are given advice by a Teledentistry.com dentists, you have a right to your dental and medical records in accordance with applicable law.
- www.Teledentistry.com and its affiliates, Teledentist PC Inc and Teledentistry Insurance Solutions (TIS) are hereby offering access to a dentist 24/7.
- This dentist is an independent contractor who has a signed agreement with Teledentist PC Inc in order to provide services for patients using www.Teledentistry.com. These dentists have signed their employment agreements and www.Teledentistry.com agrees there are no conflicts of interest with them agreeing to provide services to patients who access www.Teledentistry.com.
- The dentists are licensed in the state where the patient is receiving services. The dentist is responsible for offering advice regarding the dental condition the patient presents with and may request that images of the area be sent for evaluation. It is the sole discretion of the dentist whether or not prescriptions will be prescribed. Dentists using www.Teledentistry.com technology do not as a rule prescribe opioid medications to patients through our service. However they are able to prescribe antibiotics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and dental related medicaments.
- www.Teledentistry.com does not send documentation allowing for an employee to call off for work or school excuses.
- All payments for services rendered by the dentists are the responsibility of the patient. We can bill your insurance for these services provided an “Assignment of Benefits” has been agreed to by the patient in advance of receiving the services. www.Teledentistry.com maintains its offices at 129 West Lake Mead Blvd, Suite 20, Henderson, NV. 89015.
- Teledentistry.com Dentists(s) does not replace the existing patient dentist relationship.
- Teledentistry.com is not an insurance product nor a prescription fulfillment warehouse.
- Teledentistry.com Dentists(s) reserve the right to deny care for potential misuse of services.
- Teledentistry.com operates subject to state regulations and may not be available in your state.
- Teledentistry.com and the Teledentistry.com logo are registered trademarks of Teledentist PC, Inc. and may not be used without written permission.
- Teledentistry.com Dentists(s) do not prescribe DEA controlled substances, non-therapeutic drugs and certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse.
- Teledentistry.com Dentists(s) does not guarantee that a prescription will be written.
- Teledentistry.com Dentists(s) operates subject to state regulations and may not be available in your state.
- Statistics cited in this website are based on Teledentistry.com’s data and surveys unless otherwise indicated and a source has been identified. Dentists(s) reporting and member surveys and are subject to change without notice. Individual results may vary.
Teledentistry.com does not take the place of your current dentist. Please note all users of www.Teledentistry.com services are subject to the following: Patients will not be excluded as a participant in the videoconference as long as they meet the qualifications established for participation. Qualifications include a dental insurance policy that we are accepting for this service. Dental consultations maybe billed to the dental insurance or the member directly. Prescriptions maybe written but they are done so at the discretion and judgement of the dentist conducting the videoconference. By registering on our site, the registrant is agreeing to be contacted by a local dentist for follow up care. Once a referral to a local dentist has been made, Teledentistry.com does not dictate how services are provided nor are we responsible for what services are ultimately rendered by the treating dentist or the quality of the same services. Teledentistry.com is also not responsible for repercussions of neglected dental treatment on the part of the patient whether they visit the local dentist for follow up care or not. Teledentistry.com selects providers to whom referrals are made based on the information the dentists have provided to us and referrals are based on the proximity of their location to that of the patient calling in. All services are not available in all areas. Videoconference capability is reliant on the recipient having a reliable internet connection and an internet enabled device that is capable of transmitting audio and video simultaneously. Teledentistry.com is not responsible for the quality of the internet connection at the recipients device.